Updated: April 16, 2020
IBE Dallas and BeautyX Retail 2020 Canceled And Moved to May 2021
We hope you, your colleagues and families are staying strong and healthy through this trying time.
As you know, last month we announced the postponement of IBE Dallas and BeautyX Retail 2020 shows from May to June. Given the information available to us at that time, we believed it was the right and prudent decision, as we had every expectation that travel and social distancing restrictions would be lifted by June.
Unfortunately, as the pandemic continues to spread, and its economic impact more broadly felt, it has become clear that those restrictions may not be lifted by that time or be lifted too late for both our participants and us, as the event producer, to adequately prepare for the show. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to cancel IBE Dallas 2020 and BeautyX Retail this year.
Like many other companies, we have had to adjust our business strategy and resources as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. However, we remain committed to doing our best—even with reduced resources—to support you during these trying times, and our team is always available for you. You can also visit the #BeautyUnites Resource Center, created specifically for beauty brands and industry professionals during this time of crisis, where we have posted content from our own channels and around the web, to help you and your company move forward, be informed, and stay positive.
In closing, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks for your understanding during these unprecedented times, as well as our sincere hope that we can once again very soon re-embark together on the path to growth.
Nader Naeymi-Rad and Jillian Wright
Indie Beauty Media Group Co-Founders
Updated: March 13, 2020
IBE Berlin 2020: Canceled + IBE Dallas 2020 Date Changed
IBE Berlin 2020 Cancellation Notice:
In light of the recent developments with the COVID-19 pandemic—including restrictions placed on international travel and public gatherings—we have decided to cancel Indie Beauty Expo and Uplink Live Berlin 2020, which was scheduled to take place March 25-26, 2020.
In this note, we will explain the circumstances and rationale that led us to cancel the IBE + Uplink Live event.
- We have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation since late January.
- In February, we examined postponing IBE Berlin to June—the only open month in our show schedule in the first half of the year. Ultimately, we were not able to postpone IBE Berlin for two reasons: First, our venue had no availability in June and, second, the vast majority of our Berlin exhibitors expressed a preference to keep the event on its scheduled date.
- Since then, as COVID-19 spread, new restrictions were placed on events, and we closely monitored all of them to ensure compliance. The size and nature of IBE Berlin enabled us to comply with all new guidelines and requirements placed by German and Berlin Health authorities governing events, and we continued to plan to hold IBE Berlin on the scheduled date.
- All that changed on March 11, 2020 when the Trump Administration announced new travel restrictions between the US and Europe. This has created massive new uncertainty—especially for US-based exhibitors and IBMG staff who need to travel to Berlin. As a result of this new risk and with no clear guidance on when restrictions would be eased, we were forced to make the very difficult decision to cancel IBE + Uplink Live Berlin.
IBE Dallas 2020 Date Change Notice:
In light of the recent developments with the COVID-19 pandemic—including restrictions placed on international travel and public gatherings—we have decided to postpone IBE Dallas 2020 from May 11-12, 2020 to June 10-11, 2020.
Our overriding goal remains the successful execution of IBE Dallas to help deliver the opportunities that you seek from IBE in the first half of 2020.
At the same time, we are experiencing extraordinary circumstances without precedence. So we are doing our best, with the information available, to navigate among a series of very difficult decisions—all while balancing our promise to you and our commitment to ensure the health and safety of our exhibitors, our team and the Dallas community.
We believe that, by taking proactive measures now and moving the event to a lower risk month, we can strike the best balance.
These decisions were not made lightly and done so after exhausting every other possible option. We understand that this is a very unsettling period for many individuals and organizations, and we are here to help.
In closing, we want you to know how much we appreciate your trust in our organization—it is the fuel that drives us. And we ask for your continued patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented circumstances to continue to serve you.
Nader Naeymi-Rad and Jillian Wright
Indie Beauty Media Group Co-Founders
Updated: March 4, 2020
At Indie Beauty Expo, health and wellness are always a top priority for our team, exhibitors and attendees. With that in mind, we want to take extra steps to ensure our typically healthy, safe exhibition show floor at IBE Berlin; especially in light of Coronavirus.
We are following closely the guidance and direction of the German Federal Ministry of Health and the German Federal Ministry of Economics and our host venue, Station Berlin, as well as monitoring the operation of local German airports and major global hubs.
The big news? Barring unforeseen developments, IBE Berlin 2020 will take place as planned on March 25-26, 2020, and we are excited to welcome everyone.
We have received minimal cancellations for the show from our exhibitors, 90% of whom are confirmed to exhibit. You can find the most up to date list here.
IBE team members are looking forward to traveling to Berlin—we will be there to provide the high degree of service and professionalism that is a hallmark of our shows.
To that end, we want to emphasize the following:
- IBE is a professional trade show with limited, screened attendance.
- There is little shared food and beverage contact on the show floor and plenty of open spaces.
- Based on guidance from German authorities (see list below), we ask anybody who meets the below criteria to refrain from attending the show:
- Those who have traveled to the province of Hubei, China within the past 14 days
- Any person who has had contact with a person that has a confirmed coronavirus infection
- Anyone experiencing typical flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath)
- We recommend people with the following criteria to refrain from traveling, those:
- Over the age of 65
- With a suppressed (e.g. due to medications) or compromised (e.g. due to infection) immune system
We also make the following recommendations for the best in-show experience:
- Additional hand sanitizers are provided on all expo entrances. Please wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands
- Replace the typical business handshake with a wave
- Stay home or in your hotel room if you feel sick or are coughing or sneezing
- Make sure to pack your regular supplements, hand sanitizer, and other travel accessories you use to stay healthy on trips
We will continue monitoring the situation and will be vigilant about tracking updates from our venue and health authorities. You may look to our website and email notifications for any updates (please add us to your address book and check spam.)
We can’t wait to see you in Berlin as we gather this inspiring community for another year of showcasing the latest innovations of independent beauty!
Current regions of concern (The list of risk areas is being regularly updated by the Robert Koch Institute. Updates can be found on the website: www.rki.de):
- In China: Province Hubei (Wuhan), Wenzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Taizhou in Province Zhejiang.
- In Iran: Province Ghom
- In Italy: Province Lodi (Lombardy), City of Vo in Province Padova in Venetia
- In South Korea: Province Gyeongsangbuk-do